Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Writing a synopsis..

Good Tuesday morning! Today's topic is about writing a synopsis. They can be tricky to be sure, but for me anyway, if I think of it broken down in parts, it's easier to tackle :)

Be sure though that you check the publisher/agent guidelines to make sure you include what they are looking for with one before you begin. Ok, onto the tidbit that I use for a synopsis. I outline, like bare bones, of every story I write so for me, it's sorta like an expanded outline. I'll add a little bit more info from each chapter if it's a good hook, etc., and then move on until I've covered all of the best parts of the book. Now that said, I try to only include things that will answer any questions the publisher/agent may have of my story, and, more times than not, I always end up dwindling it down before I send it off. The main thing I think of when writing a synopsis is, it's like a blurb to a book, mixed in with an outline of the really important events that happen throughout, all wrapped up together.

Hope this helps :) Happy Writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment